22 February, 2015

Still That Girl


Based on what I wanted to be when I was growing up, I am living the dream.

I

Never

Ever

Wanted a career.
I wanted to stay home, take care of my own babies and serve my husband with the best of my ability.
I wanted to keep our home in tip top shape, plant flowers and tend to a garden.
I wanted to take my children to school and make sure I was the first smiling face they saw when they got out of school at the end of the day.

Yep, I'm living my dream.

But sometimes I get a little depressed.
All of the main "goals" have been achieved, but there are a lot side dreams that grew along the way, that ended up slipping through the cracks.
There are other things I wanted to accomplish and I've never forgotten about them.
With our lifestyle and how things have turned out with my health, the realization has hit that I just might not get those accomplished and that makes me sad.

{Insert song}


We need the reminder that just because things haven't turned out exactly how we wanted or we haven't accomplished everything that we planned, it doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

And today,
on my 34th birthday,
I know that I'm alive because God isn't finished with me yet.
He still has so much more in store!

9 comments:

  1. I also wanted to be home and I have been home. Lately, as my kids get a little older, I find myself wanting to do something outside the house. I am just not sure what. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday dear sweet friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! We share the same life goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always said I could never be a stay at home mom. After working in the classroom for 15 years, I would love to be a stay at home mom! At this point in my life, there are other goals I wish to achieve. We just have to pray and trust in God's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last part! Happy birthday again lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that last part! Happy birthday again lady!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D