31 December, 2014

Live Today

 I grew up with someone who always couldn't wait until the new year. 
They focused so much on the negative of the past year, they just wanted to get rid of it.
 
I, for one, always went into the new year with trepidation. 
  I love the holidays and the coming of the new year was kind of a downer for me because that meant they were over.
This year was different for me and I want to change how I've been looking at things.
I've spent so much time saying "When I get better"
Or "I'll do it when I feel better."

Well it's got to stop.

With my diagnosis,  I have come to accept that I might not ever get better and I need to make the most of today.

I want to wake up in the morning and use my God given strength to do the best that I can for today. To remember that it's all I can do and it's ok.

SO I am forgetting 2014.
And I am forgetting 2015.

I am living for today.

Happy New Year from our family to yours, (however you may look at it.)


3 comments:

  1. I love this post! :) Living for the day is the best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Love your motto :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D