11 August, 2014

Laughter in the Field

Today I am struggling.

I am struggling with adulthood and all of the decisions, choices, pains and responsibilities we have.
I just wanted to spend all summer playing outside with my kids, but the decisions we have to make about our future, can no longer be ignored.
Instead of facing them head on and enjoying the challenge, I want to put my head in a hole and pray they go away.

I can't do that.

But I want to.

I want my aches and pains to go away by themselves and I don't want to spend countless hours and dollars on doctors.

But they aren't and I have to.

I am not normally a procrastinator. I usually like to work on the tasks that are in front of me.

But truthfully, right now, I am scared.

I want someone to take me by the hand, tell me it's going to be ok and make the decisions for me.

I want things to be as simple as they are in this field:



I want to remember, that all that is important, is in that picture.

And most importantly, my walk with God.

Nothing else.

It will all work out.

6 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of love and prayers to get through this time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard not knowing what to do. I am learning that sometimes it is best to wait...even though that is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of you all... but I feel your pain through these words. Sending you tons of love an dwell wishes during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray these difficult times pass soon. I feel like y'all just need a break asap! The photo of your family in the field is beautiful though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positivity your way. Hang in there. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and sending you prayers. I've been feeling the same way lately and it's not easy. But once the decisions are made hopefully you'll feel a weight lifted off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D