12 September, 2013

That's what the storm is all about.

I have been struggling a lot this last week.
I am not doing a great job of listening to my own advice and I'm letting our circumstances weigh me down.
I also have a new respect for people who deal with chronic pain and yet are always positive and encouraging. I don't know how they do it, even when they have the constant reminder of pain.

Maybe I'm just a wuss...

Anyway, I don't need to go into all the whiny details again, because most of it is stuff I've shared before, but this past Tuesday was a super tough day. We had just gotten some more bad news, the pain in my leg and foot were almost unbearable, and I was extremely depressed and discouraged.
I tried not to let anyone in the public world know, but then out of the blue, a dear friend from our time in South Carolina, just randomly posted this on my wall:



I broke down and we messaged back and forth for a bit.

She hadn't known that I was struggling majorly that day, but God knew and He put it on her heart to share this, and a few other things with me, at that exact moment.

God knows...

I've spent the last 2 days, (and nights,) in a constant battle of giving it all to God, only to take it back again when the worry anxiety, depression, anger and so much more slowly crept back in.

And then repeat.

Satan is trying so hard to win this battle and is trying desperately to win battles in so many of my friend's lives, but he will not.


 And even though it might be a really long and hard battle;


I know what's in store when the storm's over....


Note: If you are nosy like me, and would like detailed info on what to pray about, feel free to email me. It's just not all stuff I want to share publicly...

7 comments:

  1. You are not alone! I feel like Satan has been trying extra hard to defeat me lately, too. We are stronger, though! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong sweet friend, everything will be ok and you have all of us behind you supporting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are still in my thoughts and prayers! Hoping things will start looking up for you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote. You know my email if you'd like to share anything in particular to pray for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D