01 September, 2013

Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Sometimes the good ones finish last.
Sometimes you just can't fix it.
Sometimes there is no point to something you go through, you just have to go through it.

Sometimes life just doesn't work or go any direction you want.
Sometimes even when you think you've reached all the low points you can handle, another one comes through and knocks you off your feet.

Sometimes you won't be saved in the nick of time.
Sometimes it just hurts to breath.
Sometimes the bad dream becomes a reality.

Sometimes the pain just won't go away.

Sometimes you just won't get better because the insurance didn't kick in in time.
Sometimes the person you love more than anyone in the entire world, hurts you more than you can imagine.

And Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

*****

Dying of self.
Living for Him.


*****

6 months ago today we left California.
There is no way in a million years someone could have told me it would be like this.

At what point will I realize it is never in a million years about what I want?

It's all about what He wants for my life.

The only way I can be a better mom and wife is to be a better child of God....

*****

Dying of self.
Living for Him.

7 comments:

  1. Not sure what is going on, but it sounds like you're having a rough time. Hope everything gets better soon dear! Prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate hearing about you going through such a rough time! I know it gets old hearing that God has plans for you. I know if you're anything like me, I always want my prayers answered "now now now", and not when HE wants to. I'll keep praying for you and your family.

    On a positive note, I'm glad that you have started blogging a little more again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup...
    And in the process you are being formed, becoming stronger, being refined. Oh you can't see any of that now, and it's actually not even much of a comfort (slap me if you feel like it :o) ). Guess I like and resonate with this, because I remember when I started to realize it myself. My favourite Dallas Willard quote--"We must accept the circumstances we constantly find ourselves in as the place of God's kingdom and blessing. God has yet to bless anyone except where they actually are, and if we faithlessly discard situation after situation, moment after moment, as not being 'right,' we will simply have no place to receive his kingdom into our life. For thos situations and moments are our life" p. 348-349, The Divine Conspiracy. --words that smacked me in the face on a flight from YYC to YYZ in Feb. 2007 (yes, I remember the place and time), and helped change my perspective.

    May you know His grace and strength for what this part of the journey requires of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you are going through this. You and your family are in my prayers. Hugs to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time. As always I'm praying for you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this post! I can't tell you how much I can relate to it! You are wise, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D