21 August, 2013

Sometimes you'll hear crickets

I think I should change my blog name to the title of this post.

Ok not really,
but I like that line.

First, before I start rambling, I want to thank everyone for your sweet comments on my last post. For some reason, that was a popular post and I guess I was expecting a different outcome.
I guess I was expecting more people to tell me their opinion on what we should do, and instead I just got a ton support and encouragement. Thank you all so much!
And a big thank you to my friend who is constantly reminding me that I have a blog and I need to give it some love once in awhile!

On to other news, I haven't really updated in awhile....

After three months of applying constantly, my husband finally found a part time job with a delivery company at the beginning of June. It was at a moment when we couldn't have gotten much lower and I thank God for His timing even if it wasn't mine.

Unfortunately I forgot to tell a lot of people.
So when I recently put up this status on facebook:
 
"Is it wrong that I want to tell companies to only ship their items to me by a certain company, just by chance I get to see a really cute guy deliver to me??? ;)"

I was taken the wrong way. oops lol...


Now we are starting the long tedious process of finding a place to live, closer to his work, and in our budget.
And it's not easy.
I find myself banging my head on the wall or getting frustrated all the time, when I know I need to just leave it in God's hands. The right house will come at the right time.

SO how are things?
Do I feel at home yet?
Do I still miss the military?
Are you still where you were a
few months ago?
Are any of you really asking these questions? ;)

No, I do not feel at home. Even those as Christians we are not suppose to have treasures here on earth or want things of this world, I miss our things.
I miss my many photographs that I use to decorate our home, I miss our sports memorabilia, I miss the scents of our scentsy's (no pun intended) as they float throughout the house. I even miss my pots and pans for goodness sake.

I will always miss the military and the people we met along the way. For instance, I sent out an update to our close family and friends, and a majority of people that replied back with all the love and encouragement in the world, were either military wives or people we met as a result of being a military family. You can't take that away.

But in the last month, we attended two family weddings that we wouldn't have been able to attend.
My kids met two sets of great grandparents and numerous aunts and uncles.
There is always something to be thankful for.

So here I sit, an injury to my left foot.

Pounds heavier than I should be.
Sick of saying "when we move" or "when we get our own home."
Wanting so badly to find a home church to plug in to.
Sick of telling God how I want it.


I just want

Patience.....


source

5 comments:

  1. Yay! A new blog post!

    I emailed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you posting and so happy that things are looking up. Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're taking it one day at a time. That's all you can do! Congratulations on your husband's new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to wait when you want things to happen right away. But you are right, when the time is right and the house is perfect, you will find it. I'm glad your husband found a job! That's awesome news!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always an ajustment. And the good news is you can have the best of both worlds: great communication with those military friends around the world AND family nearby to support and love you. Good luck to your husband on the new job and for everything else to find its place soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D