16 April, 2013

Silence and Social Media

Hi,
My name is Marcella.
I am still "currently" a Marine wife, a mother of two, and without a home.
I feel like I need to introduce myself again because I practically don't even know who I am anymore.

I used to feel bad when I didn't read everyone's blog posts the day they wrote them.
        I then had to accept I couldn't.

I used to feel bad when I didn't like everyone's posts or pictures on facebook within an hour.
        I then I accepted I couldn't.

I used to let people's ignorant ways and bad attitudes get to me every time I logged on.
       And then I just fell silent and let it eat away at me for too long.

No More.

I am on blogger so I can share my thoughts and feelings. {Maybe find an unexpected friend or two.}

I am on facebook so that loved ones who are far away can watch my children grow and I can watch their lives unfold.

Nothing More.

To tell you the truth, a big part of me misses reading blogs on a daily basis, but spending time adjusting to a new area and quality time with my husband and children are so much more important to me.
I just want to be able to write and share, without feeling guilty that I haven't been caught up on blogs since last fall.....


I will not feel bad for standing up for what I believe in.
I will not be shy about sharing my faith in Jesus Christ.
I will not let the influence of the world try to say my beliefs are ignorant.
I will do my absolute best to protect my babies, that God placed in my care, here on earth.
I will continue to share how hard it is to transition from a Marine Corps family to a civilian one without feeling like my readers are telling me to "just get over it."


*****
If you made it to the end, you are awesome and you get to see pictures! ;)

Easter 2013:
 Our kids playing "chicken football" with one of their grandpas:

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoooo! You go girl! I completely agree with you and am glad you are so confident and strong! You keep doing your thang- it's good to hear from you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo awesome!!!! I'm so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so identify with this!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how strong you always sound. I know it's probably not always true, but it's encouraging to read your posts.

    Continued good luck dealing with the military to civilian transition. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Back!! I was missing your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you post the "Trust Me" story> I'm sure it's a good one. Good on you all for trusting and following. Keep trusting, keep following. Never easy, but worth it. Ps. 25:1-3, 32:8 (NLT for the 2nd one!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D