21 November, 2012

That's all that matters

As you all know, bloggers and a lot of people on facebook have been doing the November thankful days...
But I noticed especially this week, people have either forgotten, been negative, complained or stressed about a lot of things. (where they are going for Thanksgiving, food prep, Black Friday, and illnesses etc.)
I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fact that my husband has been gone for so many holidays, but when he is home, that is all that matters....

Who cares if your house won't be clean enough?

Who cares if you are going to your in-laws instead?

Who cares if the food isn't cooked right?

Who cares if money is tight?

Who cares if the kids are sick and your plans have changed?? (Ahem!)

I find it so funny how people's attitudes can change so quickly and how easy it is to toss aside what this day is all about.

To tell you the truth, I am scared to go back to civilian life and forget what's it's like to have the simple holidays where the focus stays where it's suppose to be.
I'm not looking forward to the relatives always getting hurt or annoyed because we have to trade off.
I'm not looking forward to people complaining about the turkey being cooked right.

Who cares!

You look around your house and you thank God for everything He's given you.

You blow your nose and take your cough medicine and you Thank God that you aren't dying of cancer and for modern medicine.

Most importantly, you look around at the people that you are spending it with and thank God for relationships, (even if they are annoying!) ;)

I went to one of my physical therapy appointments this past Monday and while I discussed our plans with the physical therapist, she said I was the calmest, most stress free person that she ever talked to concerning the holidays.

Seriously, why would I stress about an awesome time of year that is NOT about me as an individual?!!

If you are overwhelmed and stressed, maybe it's time to rethink how much is on your plate, cut back and keep it simple.

So this weekend, I will curl up with my really sick babies and thank God for the chance to do that and even more that my husband is home and with us!!

Happy simple stress free Thanksgiving to you all!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yes!!! I love this post so much! All of it is so true. I hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving. :)

Holly said...

This is really an amazing post and you are an amazing person!! You are SO right and I wish others were as wise as you, dear! Hope you guys have a great day!

Jamie said...

Yes, yes, yes. I totally agree 100%.

Lisa said...

Well said! We all need to remember these things!