26 October, 2012

When we can still fix things

The last couple days my son has been super whiny. 
I was looking forward to my husband coming home tonight and taking over, because he has the extra patience to deal with him, but he came home with a migraine, so I knew I had to just continue to toughen it out until bedtime.
Every little thing was setting Monkey off tonight and I was seriously considering just putting him to bed early because I was on my last nerve.
All of a sudden he comes crying to me and holding his cheek.
In his little two year old pitiful voice he said:

"Mom it hurts, fix it."

It was so cute the way he said it, I had to smile, but it dawned on me that his pesky molars that have been bothering him for months must have been rearing their ugly heads.
Sure enough, after closely monitoring them forever and not seeing or feeling anything, both bottom ones were breaking through the gums tonight.
So we gave him some, normally hated but actually asked for tonight, baby oragel and snuggled for awhile.

I sat back and enjoyed the fact that when my 4 and 2 year coming running to me and ask for me to fix things,
I still can.

There won't be too many of those days left.

Pretty soon they'll be days when I can't fix their problems or pains and all this momma can do it leave them in God's hands....


1 comment:

Comments make my heart smile. :D