14 September, 2012

Dear Teenage Me:

Linking up today with chatting at the sky for Dear Me! (Letters to your teenage self.)



Let go.

Don't always think you have to be on top of things. People don't always like an organized know it all.

Remember that reading is important but so is doing stuff with people.

Get out more.

Be thankful for the responsibility you had at a very young age; it will come in very handy for your future.

Don't worry that guys never pay attention to you. The RIGHT one comes along at the right time!

Don't be afraid to say no when you're worn out; but don't be afraid to say yes to opportunities.

Don't complain about your straight hair. It gets really frizzy and wavy after you have kids and you'll miss it big time!

Read the Word a lot more and spend time with God. There's nothing like having verses to cling to when things are difficult.

Learn how to do ALL household things, car maintenance and everyday life things by yourself; It will come in VERY handy for your future! ;)

Keep up the patriotism you've got going. Some people might think you're odd, but I love that about you.

You can keep saying you'll never marry a man in uniform, but honey, we all know what the name of this blog is! ;)

Oh please please please learn how to cook and don't be so rebellious when it comes to learning anything about cooking/baking!

Forgive; bitterness is a cancer.


Btw, there will come a point in time where you can't get by with not working out and eating whatever you want, so please start a better habit. (you won't always have that 15 year old figure!)

Ask for help; It's not a sign of weakness. You can't figure out everything on your own and there will come a point in time where things will get really tough if you hold it all in.

Most importantly
Thank you:
Thank you for being a goodie goodie that never wanted to get in trouble.
Thank you for having morals and values and sticking with them.
Thank you for taking lots of pictures.
Thank you for loving on family.
Thank you for faithfully praying for a certain someone for 5 years.

Thank you~

 ~for being me.


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11


10 comments:

  1. Love this! Oh the things I would tell my younger self :) It's amazing how you look back on some things (like being a goodie-goodie, etc.) and see how that really paid off for the good as you grow older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, so many of these things I would say to my teenage self as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to read all of these letters. Personally, I love that you thanked yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful! So many of these things are things I could have put in my own letter. Enjoy reading you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! It is amazing how those teenage years set us up for what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I love this letter. I can relate to so many things. Wouldn't you give a million dollars to have received this letter? I would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I was sifting through all the letter linked at Emily's site, the word "military" under your pic caught my eye! Always good to find another military blogger. :)

    Thanks for this letter. I was struck by the thanks you gave to your teenage self; what a gift to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D