27 August, 2012

Trip Home part 3

We were constantly on the move on this trip, and even though I wanted to be able to relax a bit more and do some family outings, it seemed like we had lunch and dinner "dates" the whole time. We got to relax at every stop though and most places we went had "friends" for the kids to play with, so all in all it was still a win win.
We have some amazing friends and even though I choose to not dwell on the fact that our kids don't get to grow up together, it does make it a bit tough to say goodbye.

*Please excuse the quality of the pictures; some were taken with either a cell or in poor lighting.*

We had dinner at my friend C's house with her family. We were pretty close growing up also and I had been in her wedding and already got to meet their son, but this was the first time they got to meet our kids.




I lived with another family the summer after I graduated and was absolutely ecstatic when they got in touch with me last minute to meet up for lunch!! It had been probably 10 years if not more since I had seen them! (We missed you Mandie and Dan though!)

 

I also want to give a big shout and apology to my friend E and her family. We had dinner over at their house two nights before we left to come back home and even though I had the camera with me, I totally forgot to take pictures.
 
Same with another friend that got married the same day my brother did. Because we couldn't make it to the wedding, we went to her house for lunch the next day to watch them open presents and I totally missed out on a photo op.

There are also others. 
I would like to blame my lack of sleep on the trip or the fact that I was trying to live in the moment, but I pretty much just forgot.
I apparently am an awesome friend.

Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

  1. Forgot to sleep?! I NEVER forget to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, lady! I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! You deserve it! <3

    Check out the deets here: http://www.keepcalmandsoldieron.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to get to go home, the pics are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was such a great time seeing our kids playing togethor:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D