24 August, 2012

The Longer I put it off

.....the less likely I'll ever get around to posting about our trip.
A recap for the new followers or for people that missed the reason why we went "home":

Well first of all it was waaaaaayyy over do.
Secondly my baby brother got married and our daughter was in the wedding.
After talking about a visit for the last 2 years, we finally couldn't keep coming up with excuses any longer, so against my husbands better judgment ;), we finally planned the trip, (after 5 and a half years.)

We originally planned to make the 17 hour trip in two days so that we wouldn't go crazy, but after hopping in the car on the 7th of August and programming the address in our GPS, my husband said, forget that, we're pushing through!
After only 17 hours (ish) and 3 stops, (it was a miracle,) we arrived at our first destination just before 2 in the morning on the 8th. The kids had no desire to sleep at that point and didn't go to sleep until 3:30am :( and were up at 730 the next morning. Double :(

 But they were much better than we thought they would be so we really couldn't complain!

I will try not to overload you with pictures of people you don't know, but I'll post the important ones. (I had like 1500 photos to upload when we got home and I still missed out or forgot to take some with some very important people.)

One of our very first stops was to My Grandma's house. She just turned 90 this last February and my kids had never met her before. This was a great moment!:
 

My Grandfather built this fireplace and the picture doesn't do it justice. It is huge and amazing!! All of us grandkids have a had a picture taken in front of it at some point.


 In front of the house:

My kids also met my baby brother for the first time: They hit it off right from the start!
 

 

 Playing with my sister at a park:



This is pretty much what my husband did all vacation long..:)


Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics of the kids with Grandma Mary, and she just loved being able to see 'em for the first time, ~ Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic of your kids with their grandma in black and white is my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics....loved meeting your two precious ones finally!! Although it was short and sweet........great to see u n Josh too.
    Hope it is sooner next time and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower from the Marine Parents' blog hop. Your family is absolutely precious! I, too, am a military involved woman - boyfriend is in the Coast Guard as of 2 1/2 years ago. Thank you for the sacrifices that your husbands makes, and that you make, too!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D