23 July, 2012

Honest Monday??

Lately I have been getting a little bummed about my blog, 
(proving I care more about what people think then I let on....)
Do you ever wonder why you lose old followers/commentor's??

It seems like even though my blog has grown like crazy in the last year from what it once was, I've lost a lot of the people that commented before that were faithful readers.
I appreciated their encouragement, insight and I always tried to return the blog love.

I also don't understand while even though I follow and comment on a lot of either people's blogs they just don't care to follow back....

I have to remember though, why I created Life of a Military Family.....


We were having trouble staying connected with certain relatives/friends and I was hoping it would be a peek in our day to day lives for them.

So why does it seem to eat at away at me that strangers don't want to follow me 
or people stopped following??

Is it because I don't talk about fashion or post recipes enough??

Is it because I'm a military wife?

Is it because I'm a stay at home mom?

Is it because I am an odd female that likes sports too much??

Is it because I don't do giveaways?? 
{I tried once...I got three responses.}


*******
Ok, it's time to shake it off, keep my head in the game and quit worrying about it....

I can't be someone I'm not and I know the best way to make my blog real is to keep it real!

I'm a SAHM mom and proud of it!

      
 
I'm a USMC wife and proud of it!


I'm kinda a tomboy and proud of it!


I'm a conservative and proud of it!

Most importantly I'm a follower of Christ and a born again Christian and extremely proud of it!!



“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” -John Jakes



15 comments:

  1. I don't like giveaways! I'm thinking about removing a few blogs from my feed that do too many. Remember that you are a unique person so your blog will be unique too. Not everyone will connect with you because they don't think like you or have as much in common with you. Just enjoy connecting with those who do and don't worry about the rest. If you lose your uniqueness you might get more followers but it doesn't make it a better blog. As for my lack of comments, lately I barely have enough brains to crime my own blog posts. Coming up with comments for other blogs sometimes takes more neurons than I've got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "crime"??? dang auto correct!!! I meant comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bottom line: Do it for you. Do it for God. Do it for those who actually know you face to face and forget the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. Don't change a thing! You are who you are and your friends love you!

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think blogs in general don't get read as much during summer because everyone's so busy... just an observation... also if I "like" something or comment on it on fb, I'm much less likely to comment on the blog as well... other people might be the same way?? Who knows... but I definitely love reading yours! and I love your comments on mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all have feelings like that every now and then! Blogging is such a wonderful community but it can be very easy to get caught up in the numbers or the comparison. I want you to know that I do read (and enjoy) your blog but I haven't been the best about commenting! I'm so sorry but I will do better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I'm just 'dad', but I thoroughly enjoy your blog--I don't do good with verbal conversationbut I love to read what you have to say, and I'd personally rather 'write' my comments--it gives me a chance to think about what I say. And, I love your pics. I'm often making them into my deskttop background pic. Most of all, I'm proud of you as a daughter--I know, you're not perfect, BUT neither is any of the rest of us, especially ME; but you're doing the best you can, and most of all you're walking with the Lord! KEEP IT UP, 'GIRL'! I LOVE YOU! I love your two kids, and I'm proud of your Josh, and I'm thankful for his service to our country. It's a very tough time to be in the military! :-)

    ~ DAD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, how sweet is your dad?! I often take it personally when I lose followers too and I have to bring myself back and just be reminded that I do this because I love it and it is my yearbook for my family. I think you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dad is too cute! I follow because you are also a stay at home mom and mil wife! (: I've been a bit disconnected from blog world recently because Hubs will be home soon. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with everyone once he's gone again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I wonder the same things sometimes, too, because I don't host link up or do giveaways or have sponsors or even PAY for ads? PAY? Seriously? I think the reason people like you and I keep blogs is because we actually like it and are in it honestly- not to make money or be flashy- which is the way it should be! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey girl! I seriously appreciate your sweet encouragement on my blog the other day, and I understand the feeling that no one reads, etc. It can be discouraging!

    I love your blog ;) You have beautiful family, and you talk about real stuff!

    Thanks for being you!! (p.s. I'll try to comment more-- but just know I am reading!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the people who follow along and then quit are just trying to get followers but they're not ACTUALLY following along. Just trying to get traffic to their site. Hang iN there and just keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All that matters is that you keep writing and keep saying what's in your heart. So what if people don't follow, or maybe they do but they don't comment. It will reach the people who truly matter. I recently read a book by Jeff Goins called "You are A Writer (so start acting like one)". He says not to focus on the stats, but to just write what you feel and keep writing no matter what. When you do that, you will reach more people. My own blog is still new and I don't have many followers, but after reading this book I stopped focusing on the numbers and instead focused on simply getting my words out there. It feels so much better when I don't have to worry about how many views the blog gets! Good luck...and I'll keep following!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One more thing...some people are scared of following blogs or commenting. I'm not sure why, but maybe they are nervous about other people they don't know seeing their stuff, or they are just not knowledgeable about the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope I'm not one of the people that you think stopped following your blog! I read most of them, even if I don't comment. I usually only get one once every couple of weeks and scan through everything that has come through in that amount of time (as you can see from the lateness of this reply!). But I do see them. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D