18 June, 2012

Thank you

I just need to write a quick note to say thank you to a lot of you out there.

I have gotten emails from COMPLETE strangers who I had never heard from before with words of encouragement.

I got messages out there from a couple old friends saying they had no idea because I just always seem like I have it together.....

I think that's the problem with anxiety and depression. Everything thinks if someone is depressed, they stay in bed in their pajamas all day and never do anything or smile.
There are definitely different forms and people handle it in different ways.

I, for one, NEVER ask for help when I need it.
Is that right?
No,
But that's how I am.
Even most of my closest friends and family had no clue what had been going on. I keep stuff inside and try to be tough. 
It just reached it's breaking point.

I know humans and fellow Christians aren't perfect but we need to remember there is always someone that needs to be encouraged and lifted up in prayer.

Just yesterday in church before our pastor began his sermon, he started out by saying he had a heavy heart. A Marine Corps family in our church, (they have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old, and a brand new 6 wk old,) JUST got the news that the dad is deploying THIS Friday for 13 months. This came from no where and they had no warning. Now we all know that in the military that this is a risk in his job, but that doesn't mean with only a 7 day notice that this family isn't hurting.

This lifestyle is So overwhelming sometimes.......

And they wonder why our marriages fall apart....
Or why the suicide rates are so high....
Or why our kids are struggling.....

Yes we need to keep our eyes focused on God, but that doesn't mean others aren't hurting and we can't go help them out....

Something else hit me the other day and for those of you that know me personally, I am going to ask this prayer request of you. I really do feel that I/we get a lot of support/prayer when J is deployed or away, but sometimes the biggest demons/hardships can hit a military family even when a service member is home. I think that is what some of my problem is. I'm not sure if any of that makes sense.
But marriages and faith can be tested at anytime.

Thank you again my friends for all your prayers and loving words during this time!!


2 comments:

  1. A prayer for you now...

    Didn't think of it before, but it does kinda make sense that all would be harder when everyone's all together...well, for all families and marriages--there is a lot to learn and work out and keep working on. BUT for you guys, some unique pressures, AND THEN the expectation that "it should all be good now, after all, he's home, isn't that what we were waiting for?" so any struggle might seem magnified, or you feel guilty for it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D