13 June, 2012

I'll believe it when I see it

We moved here exactly 827 days ago.
 
Every time I've been out in town since and said something about the cool weather, someone has said:

"Just you wait, it will get hot."

I don't think they realize that we moved from Beaufort, South Carolina and a high of 68 degrees on June 13th with a cold breeze is still very cold for me after living in a hot humid climate for 5 years.



Please understand, I am not complaining...

I am just waiting for this hot weather they keep telling me about....

and after 827 days I have yet to see it really.....

hmm.....

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? After being in Beaufort I think any place would be COLD! My hubby is from SC and wants to retire there. I keep telling him no way, but when you grow up in it I guess it's not so bad. I'll take 68 on June 13th any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I grew up on the gulf coast- we have been stationed in New Jersey for almost 12 years- I still hate the cold, snowy winters, but I LOVE the cooler summers! Your weather sounds exactly like ours today. We are leaving this weekend to go home for a visit- I am sure I will get a dose of reality real quick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D