21 June, 2012

Cheap date

           I started yet another medication over the weekend and it has left me feeling sluggish and nauseated again. As long as the sun was shining I have been trying to get the kids outside to get as much energy burned off as possible, but the boredom had started to set it and the constant fighting had once again started.

Thank goodness the new exchange is close by because I figured I could handle a trip down there for a change of scenery for the kids and maybe a chance to pick out a cheap toy for everyone if they behaved themselves.....

Twenty minutes in, I was questioning my decision because I swear that place was busier than a Saturday. I have no clue why. It wasn't lunch time yet, nor was it close to pay day.

I still don't think I've adjusted to living on a ginormous base.
If the kids and I wanted to hit up crazy busy store during the week by ourselves, we'd go to Wal-Mart....

When J was deployed last summer we always went to Lowe's because it's always so nice and quiet during the day and the kids can just wander with me following behind. I'm not quite ready to drive to Lowe's just yet....
So anyway, I digress.

After threatening to turn around and leave the store if my children didn't behave themselves, they finally calmed down a bit and I gave the good news to my daughter that she got to pick out something small to buy. This never happens and she was beyond shocked! She kept walking up and down the aisles because it seemed like it was too good to be true for her! lol
This was her treasure:

Then we wandered around forever looking for something for my son. He is kinda in the in between stage... Past baby stuff, but still too little for the big boy stuff. Not only that, his birthday is in a week and a half and I really didn't want to get him something too big cuz he's gonna have a bunch a presents to open anyway. But it is only the exchange and stuff was limited.
So Turtle and I picked out these two small things for him:

He has the the zoo already and he has some Duplo Legos, so they just add to his collections.
Here are a couple pics of the kids getting to open their boxes after nap time. {Yep they had to have nap time first, this mommy isn't afraid of bribery! ;)}



Don't worry, Mommy got a super cheap treat too!


Sometimes you just need to get out of the house and do something different....



4 comments:

  1. We do that quite often, getting out of the house seems to help most days. :) BTW I loved the move Tangled, it was super cute. And I have to agree, bribery does tend to work quite well when needed. :) Hope you're feeing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought once the "newness" wore off that the new MCX would be awesome (even though we're on the weapons stations side of the base) and yet we are still getting bumped in the aisles. It's like people have never seen an exchange before!

    This is awkward, but I sometimes just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and wander around dreaming of retirement and what our home will look like. It is a great, non-busy place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your blog and just read several post back. I am sorry to hear that things are not great with your husband's unit. There is nothing worse than feeling like your marriage has to be on the back burner. My hubs and I got to spend the night away last night for the first time in over a year and it was so nice! I hope things get better for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been to the new exchange twice, and it was during a weekday and in the morning and there was no one there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D