17 May, 2012

French Toast

Those that know me or have followed me for awhile me know that I love cooking and everything to do with the kitchen > BIG FAT LIE.....

So when my husband made me aware years and years ago that he loved french toast, I immediately pushed my opinions aside and made him some, (another lie......)

Ok the truth: We've been married for almost 8 years and I have yet to make my husband french toast once in our relationship.
I recently decided that maybe, I need to put my stubbornness and dislike of the meal aside and come up with something really tasty like with Father's Day coming up! :)


{Image courtesy of: http://simplyrecipes.com/photos/french-toast.jpg}

 Now I know I could easily hit up the Pinterest boards or go on one of the gazillion recipe websites for french toast recipes, but I wanted to ask you, my readers out there in blog land if any of you had any tried and true french toast recipes that you or your family absolutely love and adore.
I want something that isn't a passing phase and isn't too hard to make, cuz well we all know I am not exactly a whiz in the kitchen....I have been known to boil water away. Ahem.
If you would be willing to share and it isn't some family secret that you and I would both be shot if you shared, let me know!!

Thanks peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I like this recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1918,154187-244198,00.html

    My Grandma makes it every Easter for brunch. And once I made it for an office party and it was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's easy peasy... whisk 2 eggs in a bowl. Dip slice of cinnamon swirl bread to coat both sides. Place on griddle. Flip. Butter when done. Viola!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D