29 May, 2012

Class of 1998

14 years ago tomorrow I graduated from high school. 
I realize 14 years isn't anything special, but since I kind of declared this "Way back May" at the beginning of the month, I figured I'd just go all out. I never did go with the norm anyway.

Class verse:
"Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
~Psalms 143:10

Yep there's me. Don't mind the funny look on my face, I was kinda breaking up during my speech. 
I may seem like a tough girl, but I'm really all soft and mushy on the inside... ;)
  

 I'm just going to be honest with you right off the bat. Here's the shocker that usually leaves people with their mouths open.
I went to a small private school.
That picture below was my whole graduating class. Yep, 8 students. {My husband had 400 in his, so he really finds this WEIRD.}
The largest high school graduating class they ever had, (and still ever had, they no longer have a HS.)


 Ok you can all stop laughing....
We have stories we could tell you that could entertain you for hours.
I love those people dearly and am still in touch with all the girls to this day.

Don't start jumping to conclusions either because I said I graduated from a private school. Out of us four siblings, I was the only one to EVER attend a private school and my parents scraped and scavenged to make it possible for me to attend for my last two years of school, (I had gone to public and had been home schooled before then.) I thank them greatly for my opportunity!!
Truth be told, I think they felt a little guilty for making me miss out on so much in my early teen years, but I won't tell anyone! ;) ;)

My brother could write a novel about what was going on with his own life at the time, but we'll let him tell his own story at another time. This is my blog! ;)

My Aunties came from Washington, Canada, and even all the way from Florida to make my day pretty darn awesome!!!

All in all, you can poke fun at my small little school, heck we all do, but it was great. 
I loved it and wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Class Motto: 

Just think,
you're here not by chance, 
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you and made you
the person you are.
He compares you to no one else-
you are one of a kind. 
You lack nothing that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill 
His special purpose for this generation.
-Roy Lessin

3 comments:

  1. I graduated only 7 years ago but my graduating class was only 32! We only had 200 students in our whole high school! The kids at the high school where I teach now find that so weird! You definitely topped me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I graduated in '99 in a class of 8!!! this brought back great memories! and yes I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's awesome Sarah!! It would have been '99 for me also, but I was able to squeeze my last two years into one!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D