17 April, 2012

Meet & Greet!

On Saturday morning I got a text from a friend asking if we wanted to go to a Dodgers game on Sunday. They had won tickets (through a military program,) to the game and a meet and greet but weren't going to be able to make it because of something that came up at the last minute.
I usually like a little bit of time to prepare for things, but we're not known to pass up on a chance to go to anything sports related, especially baseball.

So we changed our plans and headed up to Los Angeles Sunday morning.
We actually didn't realize how big a deal it was really going to be. We thought Aaron Harang (Wiki page) would just be set up at a table inside signing autographs and we would have to wait in line for awhile.

Not.

We actually were led down onto the field for batting practice and for 45 minutes got to hang with him and watch other players warm up!! My husband and I were in heaven!! Turtle even got her Dodgers hat signed!
On top of all that, if you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that I'm a huge New York Yankee fan and have been since I was like 8! Well Joe Torre, (Wiki page) the Yankee manager from 1996-2007 and now MLB Executive Vice President for Baseball Operations, just happened to be at the game and came over to find out what we were all there for.
I of course was wearing my Yankee hat and he came over to me and signed it!!!! I have to get a new hat now, but I think it was well worth it!!! :D
The baseball cap protective cases are on the way. They'll look great in our sports corner!!

The kids had a blast, especially our son and the Dodgers even won 5-4 with a dramatic defensive play in the top of the 9th and then a walk off single in the bottom of the 9th.
It was a great day and I'm so glad we didn't say no to the tickets!

Joe Torre is the guy with the burgundy windbreaker on the right:



Aaron Harang signing T's hat!
  

 

My husband tried to get a picture of Joe Torre signing my hat, but he didn't get it in time and I was too shy to ask to take one with him. Fail on my part.





We've been told that we might get some copies of the professional pics that were taken during the meet and greet, so if we do, I'll share them with y'all!! :)

1 comment:

Comments make my heart smile. :D