11 April, 2012

How about we have a CIC against bullying!

On the subject of bullying:

I honestly don't want to get political here on my blog in the Republican or Democratic sense, but I got on Fox news.com this morning and this was one of the first things I saw: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/11/obama-looks-to-make-romney-villain/

I'm not sure what your first thought was, but mine went straight to the word bully.

This nation has began a strong movement lately to put an end to bullying. With the horrendous amount of teen suicides, hate and abuse that has been going on in our schools and even in later years, people have finally realized that its got to stop.

-A movie is out on the subject.
-Talk shows have it as their main topic.
-Bloggers like Single Dad Laughing have made it a cause to fight and end.

Now I wasn't bullied, nor was I a bullier. So I can't relate in any way. But it doesn't take a genius to recognize a bully.

HOW ON EARTH are we suppose to end bullying, when our nation's leader and a vast amount of our government want to put others down in order to make themselves look better and get votes/money???

How is that any different than a 5th grader being harassed and teased at school??

Now I know putting your opponent down to get votes isn't anything new, and our current president and candidates are just continuing on the "tradition," (I am so thankful we have a dvr and don't have to watch political adds....)
But really.
Bring me a candidate/leader who'll stop being a bully.
Be an example for our future, don't add to the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart smile. :D