03 February, 2012

Military families beware:

I have other blog posts floating around in my head, but I had to stop to share this story with you!
Its so heartbreaking but a reminder we have to be careful and check references.

Bless your Heart: Storage Wars

























Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


Update:
Since the blog post was removed here is a quick note about what it was about:
In San Diego a Marine deployed so his wife and 3 month old daughter moved home instead of staying here. They put EVERYTHING they had in a storage unit. When he got home they went to pick it up and it couldn't be found. After being given the run around for a couple months (even with a lawyer,) they eventually discovered the owner was in money trouble and auctioned off a bunch of units. :(
I guess they are in a legal battle now because the owner is filing bankruptcy and she was told to remove her posts and info
.

2 comments:

  1. What happened? I just followed the link and she took the post down. Were they scammed in some way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating- oh my goodness.. that is just horrible! I am glad they have a lawyer and hope that somehow, they get back their belongings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D