26 June, 2011

R.U.T

I looked up in the dictionary the exact meaning of the word "rut" to put in my post.
I discovered that one, the main meaning of the word has nothing to do with how we normally use it, (male deer sexual excitement,) NOT JOKING, look it up! 
And two, the other noun meaning which we know it as, doesn't really apply in my situation and I think I have been using it out of context this whole time. 
Definition of the rut:
1  a: a track worn by a wheel or by a habitual passage
    b: a groove in which something runs
    c: channel, furrow
2 a usual or fixed practice; a monotonous routine. 

There is nothing routine about the funk I am in, so I guess, I'll stop using that word.
It has been a crazy week which started off with a 4 hour visit to the ER. {Everyone is ok, it was for me.} 
Thankfully it was also the day my mother in law got into town so she was able to watch the kids for me. I felt really bad for her. She had only met my daughter once and had never met my son and was then forced to watch them immediately.
God knows what we need at the exact right time!
I am finally starting to feel better, but my nerves and patience are shot.
I have been trying to put my son on a new schedule. Its not going over too well cuz he thinks he is still an infant in some areas. None the less, I know it will be better for all of us in the long run, but in the mean time, I am pulling out my hair and banging my head on a wall! ;)

The good news is, if you can call it that, is that we are at about the halfway point for this deployment. Thank you Lord that this is not a full deployment!!!!!!

My parents will be here Tuesday. They will actually be staying with us, not somewhere else, so I will have some help in the evenings when it is the toughest. I am looking forward to them being here over the 4th of July weekend. I hate long holiday weekends when Josh is gone. 

I can't believe in 5 days my baby boy will be one!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer so I could help. Let me know if there is anything I can do from here. You an do it. You made it halfway it is all down hill from here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D