19 June, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I should have had this post up yesterday, but to tell you the truth, I have been having a hard time putting it together. There is just no perfect way for me to express my feelings for the father of my children. He deserves so much more gratitude and praise than I could ever give.

Isn't it amazing how so many men are worried about what kind of dad they will be and then it happens and it becomes like breathing for them?! They fall into a role they never thought possible. There love is unending and they develop a worry and fear about protecting this innocent precious being that has been placed in their care....
Suddenly that expensive fast car is just not as important anymore. Its much more fun and rewarding to have a family barbecue and game night then to go out parting with friends.

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard.  Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass."  "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply.  "We're raising boys."  ~Harmon Killebrew

I am in awe of my husband. For someone that didn't have his father around for a good portion of his life, he is a wonderful father.
His love for them and desire for their well being amaze me.

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
~Theodore M. Hesburgh













 Happy Father's Day Babe, thank you for being an awesome Daddy to our children!!

Happy Father's Day to my dad also:


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your father and your children's father. It makes my heart happy to be reading such great things about the men we love today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a precious tribute! hope you & yours had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D