03 May, 2011

If I had a nickel......

....for every Biblical, political, peace, love and war argument that has gone on the last 2 days....
......well you know the rest!

Lets just say I could buy my husband out of his contract! 
{Not that we would want to....he serves for a reason.}

~~~~~~~~

~I AM A MILITARY WIFE:
We got married on September 11th for a reason.
Josh was soon to be leaving for boot camp and we wanted a reminder every time things got tough in this military lifestyle on why he was doing this.
We know what the mission is.
We know this is war and people will die.
I am proud to be an American, and May 1st, 2011 was a major victory for our country!

~I AM ALSO A CHRISTIAN:
We all have sinned and fallen short.
Christ died for all of us including Bin Laden.
No one should wish another human dead.
"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles." -Proverbs 24:17

As you can see these two life choices have collided greatly and the arguments and evil things that have been said have brought my blood pressure to a point that my medication was not working.

One person even went on to say our troops are sinning by protecting our country.
Many said we should just turn the other cheek.
I am not joking people.
Its like they are saying: we support our troops, but only when they aren't killing our enemies.

I finally posted this on facebook:

"-As Christians we are convicted because of what we believe.
  We are all sinners.
-As military families we are glad that our friends did not die in vain and our spouses fought/fight for a reason.  
I am not celebrating because a human died.
I am relieved that 3000 plus people on 9/11 and thousands of Americans troops did not lose their lives for no reason!!"

~~~~~~~~

A bloggy friend wrote this post yesterday and I couldn't have agreed more: On Osama and the Gospel 
Check it out. She is a Holy Spirit lead writer. 

I tend to write off of raw emotions when my hot buttons are pressed.

Please join me in praying for our troops, their families and our country. As we all know, this war is FAR from over and this latest accomplishment is just going to stir up a bunch of beehives regardless of how great it was.

~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. It has been an interesting few days, hasn't it?? I am thankful that God is a God of both justice and love. I do not claim to know exactly how those two fit together in the end... but I know He does. I am heartbroken. At so many things for so many reasons. But thankful that a man who has committed so many evil acts has finally been stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for your husband and the many others like him who are risking their lives to protect mine! Sometimes God uses human agents to carry out divine judgment, but people often forget that! I'm glad that post was a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D