18 April, 2011

Military Monday survey

This survey is a common one with military wives. I figured I'd join the boat and fill it out!

1. How long have you been a military wife?   7 years this fall {crazy}

2. What branch of service is your husband? Marine Corps.

3. Active/Reserve? Active duty.

4. What is his job? His first MOS was Ordnance, now he has a desk job.

5. How many deployments have you gone through?   3 long ones, many short

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man? I agree with a lot of Marine wives on this one, it depends on the situation. He looks darn good in his dress uniforms, but I love his cammies also.

7. What do you like about being a military wife? The pride in my husband serving our country, the opportunity to live different places and meet lots of new people.

8. Do you live on base? yes

9. What is your favorite base so far? Ha, trick question…next please! ;) 

10. What is the hardest part of the military life? DEPLOYMENTS! BIG DUH

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary? At our old air station, we rarely went to the commissary, but now we alternate between Wal-Mart and the commissary.

12. Do you work or stay at home? I’m a stay at home mom.

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? Yes, I still have more civilian friends from my younger years, but my military wife friend list is growing. (That is if their husbands would stop getting out!) lol

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX? Wal-Mart. We are not really big exchange fans.

15. How did your husband propose? He didn’t

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? BEFORE

17. How long have you been together? For 8 years, but we met in ‘97

18. Any kids? Yep, a 3 yr old, and a 9 month old.

19. Any kids yet to come? That’s a whole other post.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am Marine, hear me OORAH" kind of guys? He used to be, until he got burned one too many times. 

21. Have you ever done combative's with your husband? Yes actually

.22. How many bases have you lived at? Just 2, we were at our 1st one a lot longer than most people are.

23. If you could change one thing about the military? They tell you they are family friendly, but they aren’t. They could care less about the service members families; Better health care options.
 
24. Do you like military balls? In 6 and a half years, we have only been to 2. I would like to go to more, but its mostly just people getting hammered. 

25. Where does your family live? Oregon

26. What do you do for a job? Ha, again trick question

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife? no

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone. Yes, I am one of those wives that will work my schedule around when he is going to be online. It makes my day and helps me be a better mommy.

29. Do you think other wives do that too? some

1 comment:

  1. I am new to your blog and just wanted to let you know I am enjoying it. I should do this survey

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D