28 March, 2011

A letter to my husband:


The time has come again for you to go do your job.

Not that you don’t do your “job” on a daily basis, but the time has come where being a military man means putting aside everything that you love in life and sacrificing to go serve your country in a war zone.

No holidays, no weekends, no daily comforts.  Just you, some “co workers”, a WHOLE lot of sand and people that strap bombs on their backs for the fun of it.

Normally you leave with ease and take pride in the part you do, but I know this time you are struggling. You are leaving under negative circumstances and you don’t know what to expect. You will be over there with people you don’t know very well, with whom you don’t know if you can trust.

Not to mention leaving your family.
The last time you left our first born was 7 weeks old, but I had a great support group where we were stationed and we felt confident it would be ok. Now, we have two kids at difficult ages and our time here in California has been difficult so far. We both are quite nervous that I have very few trustworthy people to call on if needed. Not only that, our oldest is old enough to miss you and I am just not sure how that it going to go.

Time and time again I hear of military wives say they are glad from the break from their husband and say you get used to it over time. 

They are obviously NOT married to their best friend.

I am ever so thankful for today’s technology. Gone are the days of waiting weeks, months even, to hear from your deployed loved one. Today the tough part is when communication is shut down for 4-7 days and there is not a peep. Every military wife knows that is not the time to talk to us.

So here we are. Making our countdowns to an unknown date. Collecting boxes and customs forms for mailing care packages. Doing things around the house to make it a little easier for me to be mom and dad while you are gone.
BTW, do you think I can hire someone to take out the trash? ;)

Oh man how I love you.

I hate:
Sleeping by myself.
Spending summer evenings wishing it was you at the grill.
4:30/5:00 rolling around every evening and the garage never opening.

I always miss:
Your little boy grin when you really truly are excited about something.
Our trips to the outlets, Lowe's and Best Buy.
You pretending to be annoyed with me when I really really want something.

Be safe Marine and never forget how much we need you to come home safe and sound…

I love you DAR!


5 comments:

  1. There are no words I can say to make it any better or easier...just know that you all will be constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all and be safe Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so touching. We haven't gone through deployments yet, but we have gone through other long military-induced separations. I can only imagine a small degree of what you're going through right now. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful. I am so sorry for the difficult road that lies ahead... wish I could help in some way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching, I am sitting here in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment-hugs to you too. It never gets any easier.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D