17 February, 2011

This is me prospering right??

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."
-Proverbs 3:5&6

I would call these popular verses.
In another words, often used.
Everyone knows them; they are common favorites, on church plaques, and great for graduations.

So why is it I really have trouble grasping them??

Are they telling me He will give me everything I ask for?
Are they saying my life will be smooth sailing?
Will my paths be clear and free of obstacles?
Surely they are saying things will definitely go as I planned....

HA!

I've been doing it again.
Cruising along, expecting God to take a backseat while I lead the way and decide where we (I) are going.
Oh and definitely DO NOT change my plans because then you shall endure my bad attitude!

*SIGH*

To Prosper HIS way, to keep us safe from harm, HIS way....to direct our paths, HIS way.

Oh why do I have to be such a control freak?
I make a horrible follower; I would have never made it past the first round in interviewing for the job as a disciple.

It clearly says, "lean not on your own understanding," so why can't I just trust with all my heart? Why can't I just truly believe everything happens for a reason and have a better attitude when things don't go my way?

*sigh* {again}

Thanks for listening, Its been a trying 2 weeks in our household and I'm just an angry, sad, tired, and confused girl trying to hold on to the end of her rope.....Or "being held" at the end of her rope!


 *Editors note: This has nothing to do with our marriage for all you gossip mongers out there..... 

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ gossip mongers! Too funny.

    This is such a hard task for me too.... its not that Im a control freak. I just have no patience and want it now!

    Pray for you if you pray for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D