03 January, 2011

New to YOU

I hope this new year is finding you all well and for those that have new years resolutions to stick to, good luck!

I, on the other hand, have a different opinion on resolutions, (see more about that from last January.) I think you should be living the same way January 1st to December 31st, always striving to be a better you. If you are clinging to the changing of the calender for that, its gonna be a harder climb!

That being said, I will now go against my beliefs and share with you my Blogging goals for the year! lol ;)

In case you haven't noticed, the name of my blog is "The life of a military family," and except for mention of deployments or duty days, I don't really go much more into detail or touch on the subject other than that.
I have decided to start entwining more on the subject throughout the month. For those that live the civilian life, you can either choose to skip these posts or read on to learn a little more about this adventure. But since I do have several military spouses/mom's/families that read this, I figured it would be a great way to share ideas, support, struggles and learn from each other!
This blog was actually started in hopes of having better communication with some relatives of ours so that they could "see" the kids grow and stay in touch better, {sorry to say it didn't work,) but as you bloggy friends know, it has turned into soooo much more! I am discovering new blogs all the time and look forward to the point every day where I can catch up with all of you!  I hope that maybe I can be of support to some new or unseasoned military spouse who is having a tough time dealing with the military lifestyle and maybe "meet" someone who has already faced and met challenges I have yet to encounter!!

And on to my next "goal":
I am excited to start a new "series" here on MF.
The Getting to Know Me edition!
I will be turning the "big 30" near the end of February and I figured this would be a good way for my new bloggy friends to learn more about me and where I come from. I am always excited to learn more about people and see why they are the way they are. We all had a beginning that's helped shape the way we are today. In regards to this, I will also welcome any suggestions on any particular subject you are interested in. Whether it be superficial like what's my favorite color, or much deeper, like when I became a born again Christian! All are welcome, although I reserve the right to pass on some if they involve sharing personal information about my loved ones!

All in all, I am so excited about this! Like I said, blogging has become to mean so much to me, and although I have yet to put up the amount of posts that most of you do, I hope to work towards putting more time and effort into sharing myself as much I take from all of you!

~Marcella

PS. I hope you all help to keep me accountable! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Sounds like you are on your way, girl!

    I am looking forward to reading your new posts!!

    Have a FAB day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn 30 in February too! Get excited :) Your kids are just precious! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn 30 in March - we should all have a party :)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile. :D