I realize some of you have heard bits and pieces of this already, but just bare with me as I kinda of do a mini run through.
Friday January, 29th: After a 8 month wait, we finally receive our orders. There was some confusion at first and even though we received orders to Miramar, we thought we had gotten orders to Camp Pendleton. Camp Pendleton is a huge base and we qualified for 6 housing communities there and over half are available immediately...(We thought)
Thursday February 4th: We found out the orders were for indeed Miramar and that the only 2 communities we qualified for
were both full and the soonest available had at least a 3 month waiting period. Major bummer! And because we have a "large" dog, we can't afford anything that allows big dogs out in town.....SO that presented a problem that is still trying to be resolved.
Friday February 5th: At noon I received a call from my doctor that kinda left me in shock for a moment and unable to relay the news to J.
Long story short:
My blood tests came back with a higher hormone that usually means Down Syndrome and that I was now to be referred to a high risk pregnancy specialist in Savannah.
Because of our move, the doctor said there would be a rush put on the referral and that I was to call my OB nurse the following Tuesday to see if the referral was put through yet so we could make an appt for the consult. Because we had all weekend to sit on this, I called my OB nurse Monday instead of Tuesday (who wouldn't call as soon as they could???.)
She called me back and as I spilled out the refresher story, she stopped me in my tracks and said: "wait a minute, Miss Ramer, there might not be cause for concern, I just read over the results/report and it looks like they put the wrong due date down." (a whole month early.)
She then told me that they re-issued the quad screen (the blood test), and that the real results would be in Wednesday and to call her back then.
So we called Wed, No results. Called Thurs: no results. Called Friday the 12th: (twice) no results....
At this point I asked her: If the originals were back in 2 and a half days, whats the problem??? She said she didn't know. She had been in touch with the lab, but we both thought that because it was heading into a long holiday weekend, they weren't too worried about getting there job done.
SO we had to sit through another long weekend wondering what was going to happen!
Since today (Tuesday) was my ultrasound, I didn't call to check to see if my results were in, I just told my OB nurse that we would stop by after the appt.
We got there and waited a few minutes as she was with a patient, but then she walked out carrying a piece of paper and told me she had checked earlier and they weren't in but when she just checked, the results were back!:
I do not know why God had us go through this, but obviously in so many issues, there was something He felt we needed to learn. Still trying to figure it out.....
Our orders could still be canceled if we can't get them changed, but the military also doesn't seem to care if we have a place to live when we arrive, so prayers are still appreciated on that issue!
I know this post is kind of choppy and confusing, but feel free to ask questions if you have any!