I will give you the edited version of what happened Saturday night because of the mix of people reading this, but if you want the "graphic" version, feel free to ask, and I will let you know! ;)
Saturday morning and day were pretty uneventful as we got the shopping done for Turtle's party on Friday night. So we just did some baking and decorating throughout the day.
In the late afternoon J and I were sitting on the couch while I was putting together the party favors and all of a sudden I felt a quick pull/pain at the top of my belly.
It didn't last long, but I do remember thinking it was awfully strange as baby is not big enough to cause any major pains yet and is no where near the top of my belly.
A couple hours later we were standing in the dining room decorating, when all of a sudden I felt, (which I will only describe in this post as,) a gush and I knew immediately something was wrong.
I went to the bathroom to confirm my fears and immediatly starting yelling at J to get Turtle up and ready to go and I called the emergency room.
They asked me some questions and even though I was bawling, managed to answer and they told me to come right in.
I quickly heated up something for Turtle as I figured we'd be there awhile and we left.
J told me to calm down and I looked at him like
"I could be loosing this baby and you are telling me to calm down??"
But I knew he was right, and I tried my best to turn my emotions into prayers the whole way there.
My dear husband broke every speeding law on the way there and I couldn't help but think to my self, this is what we should be doing if I was in labor, not for what we were doing it for.
We arrived and then waited a good ten minutes before I was even put into a room (making us, especially hubby, very annoyed.)
I will spare you some more details, but after an agonizing 30 minutes, they finally found a very healthy heartbeat which calmed our fears for the moment!
I knew I would have to be sent over to the community hospital for an ultrasound at some point and even though after hearing the heartbeat, and calming down a lot, I still wanted to see my baby move and make sure all was good.
After 2 hours at the Naval Hospital, I was taken by ambulance(my first ride) to Beaufort Memorial, (where Turtle was born.)
There was no wait there Thank Goodness, and I was up on the bed for the ultrasound within 5/10 minutes!
The ultrasound sound tech was wonderful.
When it comes to emergencies or things that could be wrong, they aren't always up front with you and some will tell you they cant answer any questions, and that you'll have to wait until the doctors get the results, but not her.
She was upfront with everything and explained everything as she went over it. The baby looked great and was even measuring a week ahead (like Turtle did then also). She couldn't find anything wrong in the placenta and there didn't seem to be any breaking away or separation from the uterus to the placenta. She said there could have been a small small tear some where that she couldn't pick up. But they didn't think that was it because of the amount of blood.
The thing that they are most leaning to, is that somehow I popped a blood vessel somewhere in my abdomen and it didn't seem to have any effect on baby or its snug little home.
After the ultrasound, I was transported back to the Naval Hospital where we waited for an hour and 15 to hear back from the on call OB doctor to get his opinion and then get my discharge papers.
By the time we left it was 1130pm and my poor husband and daughter had been such troopers.
I at the time, was put on bed rest and told to just monitor everything. I have gotten better every day and had a follow up with an OB doc yesterday. They are all completely optimistic and because my symptoms have almost completely disappeared, they are not worried that this will have any long term effects on baby or myself.
I write this for two reasons.
The first for a big huge praise!!!
Praise that this didn't seem to effect baby or its "home" at all and praise that it doesn't seem to be anything to do with baby. (except for the fact it keeps expanding my belly at a huge rate as usual) ;)
The second for continued prayer. The doctors have given me tons of reassurance, but I am still the momma of this baby and it still makes me nervous for the next 23/24 weeks!
Because we don't know EXACTLY what happened or what caused it, I am still nervous about carrying the baby more than I was before. So please pray that God can keep this little one growing healthy and strong, and that this body of mine will be able to handle it the rest of the way!
On a side note, J has come down with a very nasty flu bug. I am feeling some affects from it like the body aches and slight fever but so far am not experiencing it as bad.
That he will get better as it has left him pretty flat on his back and feeling miserable;
That it will not hit Turtle, cuz I just don't have the energy to deal with a sick child right now;
And three, that it will not hit me any worse cuz I really don't want to put this little one through anything more.
*****Lastly, around Christmas, J received a call from the National Bone Marrow Assoc. (Service members are all given a chance to be put on the donate list.) There was a chance he was a match to a patient and if he was up for it, they would like him to be retested to clarify. So the first week of January, he had more blood drawn and it was shipped off.
Well this week, we got clarification, he is a positive match!! So at the end of this month, he will be flown for 2 days to Washington DC to have a physical.
If that turns out well, we will be flown to Washington DC, February 17th-23rd for the procedure. The 18th through the 21st he will have to go into the hospital for just a couple hours every day, and then we will have the rest of the day to explore.
The 22nd (my bday) is the big day! We will be at the hospital all day long as they drain the patient completely of all her bone marrow and hubby will have LONG tubes places in his arms that will remove a good supply of his bone marrow to transfer. It will be a very long day for him as he will be able to do nothing but lay there as it is done.
On the 23rd they will fly us home where he will recover here for awhile.
A few prayer requests concerning this:
-That J will pass the physical and that he will be well come the 17th so we don't have to delay this poor lady any longer;
-Safe travels of course. Plane rides can be scary nowaday,s (especially since we are flying in and out of DC);
-That I can get traveling and flying clearance;
-The other big one for me: we CAN'T take Turtle. I have never been away from this child for longer than an evening before and now I must leave her for a week. We are currently working on arrangements for someone she has never met to watch her for the week, but it is gonna be the hardest part for me to leave her in someone else's capable hands. So please pray that that works out, Turtle will be an angel that week, and that this Mommy's fears are calmed.
I know this has been an absolute "earful" of news and prayer requests, but stuff can happen and change so quickly, I just figured I'd spill it out all at once!